Oslo has earned a global reputation as a ‘green city’. Europe’s Green Capital in 2019, Oslo has been on a regeneration journey that has seen in reconnect with its waterfront, invest heavily in public transport and active travel and encourage green entrepreneurship. This event will explore Oslo’s transformation with the help of Victoria Marie Evensen, the city’s Vice Mayor for Business Development and Public Ownership, and seek to learn lessons about Belfast can also ‘grow a green city’.
This event will explore a number of themes linked to Oslo’s recent regeneration and how it has obtained the status of being a green capital. Topics covered will include:
- Reconnecting with the city’s waterfront
- Investing in public transportation and active travel
- Developing iconic cultural landmarks
- Encouraging green entrepreneurship
- Reimagining the city’s streets
- Sustainable city planning and climate budgeting
Simon Hamilton, Chief Executive, Belfast Chamber.
Victoria Marie Evensen, Oslo’s Vice Mayor for Business Development and Public Ownership